Self-Development: a Persistent Process of Learning


I grew up in an orthodox Brahmin family during the mid-80s and early 90s. The bitter experiences and turbulent accidents affected my personality and mindset so profoundly and negatively that I lost my confidence entirely. Those childhood and teenage experiences made me timid and a person with no confidence. Due to which, I had to work very hard to be the person that I am today.

Some years ago, when I realized that I was left with no option rather than working on my mindset and personality, I started looking for ways that could be helpful. The very first aspect which I wanted to change about myself was to have a self-value which I hardly had. Nobody paid any attention to me or my viewpoints. No matter how hard I would try, no one gave any heed to me. We all are familiar with the fact that the feeling of being ‘No One’ hurts us a lot. Let me tell you that we all are living in the best era as there’s easy access to the internet. I started watching the motivational videos which were available on YouTube. The speakers such as Opera Winfrey,  Les Brown, Zig Ziegler, Jim Rohn provided me with a real insight into having a confident personality. I came across that life is not easy for most of us and we all have to grapple with the odds in our lives. But real winners are those who learn how to overcome the vicious incidences that take place in our lives.
So, first of all, I considered myself significant as if we wish others to respect us, we’ll have value us.  This change of thought created a magical impact on my behavior. I fell in love with myself and stopped behaving with me in a cruel and rude manner. (Earlier, I had a habit of rebuking myself for failures, problems and all the negative happenings which took place in my life.) I initiated congratulating me for small gains.

Then my next step was to change timid and scared ‘self’ to a confident one. I started working on my inner self. Positive declarations such ‘I can do it’, ‘I am confident’ and ‘I am a winner’ resonated with my inner self with positive vibration. It took me three months and I could see a wonderful transformation in me which helped me to be happy, gratified and empowered. Now, others’ viewpoints about me stopped hurting me.
My new and changed attitude attracted success and now nobody can even guess how frightened, diffident, shy and pessimistic girl, I used to be several years ago.
The process of self-development which I commenced years ago still continues as this a persistent and rigorous process. There are several new goals to achieve and I’m determined to grab them.
Are you also a pessimistic and fearful fellow? Kindly leave your comments and share your problems if you too wish to change your attitude and life. Let me tell you that happiness is our right and we should not live lives deprive of this wonderful attribute which is a key to success.
Best Wishes!
www.miraartofsuccess.com
pics:google

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plans for Our Old Age

Make Peace with Your Regrets!!!

Money is God!