Overcome Negative Thoughts


It was a very significant day for me. I had been waiting for this day for very long. It was my first day in my new office. I was excited since I was the boss there. I was ready on time. I took my car out and left for the office. I was 20 Km away from my destination and took the route which is generally not very busy. After a 15- minute drive, I was aghast to find a traffic jam. I remained positive and expected that it would open up within five to seven minutes. Let me mention that this was long before people had cell phones. I came out of the car and inquired of the policeman on duty, who informed me that it might take time. On hearing this, I panicked. “O God, I don’t want to be stranded for hours”, I thought. I didn’t know how to inform my new employer. It would ruin my impression of him. I remained in that jam for 25 minutes but that time seemed like 24 hours. I kept thinking about the repercussions of being late.
Now, after several years, this incident makes me laugh. Would you like to know the remaining part of the story? When I reached my office, I found my boss also entering the premises. Later, I came to know that he too, was stuck in the same jam.
A lot of time has passed since then and I’ve graduated into being a stress management consultant and NLP practitioner. My interaction with my trainees from different sectors has given this glimpse to me that most of us are subjected to think negatively

However, several kinds of research have proven that we can transform our thoughts by changing our attitude. The way, we perceive and respond to some happenings or events in our lives makes the entire difference.
I would like to share how I manage the negative thoughts that flood across my mind.
Noticing our Thoughts- The first and foremost step is to learn how to keep track of our minds. To do so, we’ll have to spend some time with our selves. Just sit still for a while and experience noble silence. This provides us with lots of positive energy and strength.
Positive Affirmations- I often keep repeating positive adages to myself that help me remain ecstatic even during the upsetting moments. The affirmation which I like the most is: I like myself, I love my work.
Meditation- Meditation is a wonderful technique to train our minds. Om Swami, a yogi preaches two types of meditation: Contemplative Meditation and Concentrative Meditation. Be it contemplating about an object or concentrating on the desired object, we require consistent and persistent practice.
So, the next time, if you have about depression, just shoo it away and breathe in an air of optimism. In the end, I would like to state that the way we take care of our physical health, we should take care of our mental health as well as this will subsequently add value to our life. This will increase the level of happiness and satisfaction.
Mangal Ho!


Pic Source- Google.com
Mamta Sharma,

 MIRA Art of Success

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plans for Our Old Age

Make Peace with Your Regrets!!!

Money is God!